Sunday, March 21, 2010

Breakfast Club

Address: 1130 Fremont Blvd, Seaside, CA 93955

Hours: Every Day 6am-2pm

Table Spice: Pepper Plant

Ingredients:
  Outside: Home fries, sour cream, salsa, jalepenos, avacodo
  Inside: Scrambled eggs, sauteed onions, tomato, Ortega chiles, jack cheese, choice of meat.

Price: $9.25 + 1.25 for your choice of meat.

I had heard good things about the Breakfast Club from a couple colleagues of mine at work and so I decided to try it out. I had a couple of friends in town for the weekend and, knowing that they also enjoy breakfast burritos, decided to include them in my expedition. This joint was packed and busy, waitresses moving all over the place in an almost hectic fashion. We came in, sat down, and got to it. The name of this breakfast burrito is -

BREAKFAST BURRITO



Superb. This had everything and more, hardly necessary to douse it in sauce (though I can't help but spice it up a bit) - it had full fantastic flavors, it was enormous, and I was served in about 6 minutes. All of the waitresses were on top of their game, and it was really an overall enjoyable experience. I was shocked at the steep price - I feel like the meat should be included in the total price and not an add on - but it was expensive for a reason, and that reason is quality.

One thing that really stands out to me with this breakfast burrito is the uniqueness of it. Sure, you have your standard ingredients, but by mixing it up a bit - adding Ortega chiles, jack cheese, and cooking the home fries with some sort of special seasoning, it becomes something that really stands out. My friends all got the same thing as me and agreed that it was better than any they had had in a while. I will need to return to test consistency, but their coffee woke me up, their breakfast burrito made me full and I left with a smile on my face.

Rating: ******** 8/10

Lucky me, this place is right down the street from where I reside, I will definitely be back!!!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh Ooh Idea! You should cut the burritos in half and then take a picture so that we can get the cross-section. -Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice information for me,thanks for sharing the nice food items and i have to bookmark this blog for the future use.

    Restaurants in Ventura CA

    ReplyDelete